Friday, June 5, 2009

Flowers for Friday: Vivid Colors in My Front Yard

This planter of jewel toned pansies sits next to my front door.

These impatiens baskets hang in a shady spot in front
of our house. I like the contrast between their delicate
blossoms and the sturdy brick behind them.

Here's a closeup so you can see the vivid colors better.
Notice the snow on the mountain (bishop's weed)
beneath this basket.

My husband planted these celosia like soldiers in a row
framing the gate to our backyard. I was intrigued by this
celosia in the middle that has not only red blossoms but
red foliage unlike any of the others.

This morning glory vine is just getting started.
To see the bright blue blooms it will produce
look at this photo taken by my neighbor Diane
from a previous year.

This strawberry plant actually resides
in our backyard. I wanted to include it
because Jelly wrote such a nice post on
strawberries recently. This plant is also
passed down in our family as it came
over accidentally with some daffodils
from my mother-in-law's yard. *smile*


Mog said...

You are so good to have planters, I never remember to water them so they die!

I too have a morning glory vine, I've planted it with an orange black eyed susan and they will climb up a steel obelisk together. I hope they get on!

jelly said...

Your garden and flowers are just to die for!

And your cute itty bitty strawberry, just waiting to grow, grow, grow...
It has been passed down, which is the best.

I like your flowery Friday posts.

Oh and thanks for the shout out!

ms toast burner said...

You must be one very busy gardener, Sarah! Flowers everywhere!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for the comments.
I'll be interested to know how the black eyed susan and the morning glory get on. Do give us an update, Mog.
That is an itty bitty strawberry, Jelly. I wonder who will get to eat it?
Right now I'm a busy weeder and waterer, Ms. toast burner. It is nice to have such a variety of flowers.