Friday, June 19, 2009

Flowers for Friday: Summer's Here

Asiatic Lilies
Bullfrog sighting! [click to enlarge]

Rusty hanging out by the pond.


jelly said...

Last year when I was driving home from work, I pulled off the side of the road and pulled up some daylilies (they were just chillin' wild) anyway, they are just about to bloom now. I'm so happy I did that. My wife, loves lilies, so I did it for her.

All your flowers are beautiful.
We've had tons and tons of rain here, my plants/flowers are a bit water logged. But, just on the verge of blooming, especially my daisies. They are one of my favorites.

How are the hydrangea?

Rusty looks so cool. What a pretty dog.

ms toast burner said...

Very flowery! And froggy! And doggy!


deafdude said...

I love all your pretty flowers! When I buy my own house and land, give me some tips to an amazing garden!

As to the piano test, try it on a different computer if it won't load on yours. I also have a speech test that I scored 75%, how did you score unaided and how much did your score increase with HAs?

Ive read most of your previous entries and there's alot about hearing loss ive learned. Was the cause of your hearing loss due to a severe flu? Has your hearing been stable ever since or has it gotten worse since your last audiogram? Have your parents ever gotten a hearing test and audiogram? You mention that your parents have better hearing than you. Do you hear better than your parents when you wear your HAs? How much of an improvement do HAs give you? I feel I should get more improvement with my own HAs.

Do you plan to restore some of your hearing with stem cells or some other technology 10, 20, 30 years from now? I definately do. Itll be a long wait that I look forward to. I am always wishing I could hear better or have less hearing loss. My hearing is worse than the majority of people. In fact with hearing aids, I still don't hear as good as most people hear without hearing aids!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Deaf Dude,
I'm so flattered that you've read my blog. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. First, I don't know what caused my hearing loss and I'm not even sure when it started. I listened to the University of Wisconsin's example of normal hearing (link on Mog's blog) and I'm not sure when the last time I could hear like that! I may have been dealing with this for much longer than I realized.
I got my first audiogram in 2006. The two audiograms I've gotten since then have come out the same. So at least I'm holding steady. I don't think my HAs help me hear better than my parents. HAs help me but don't give me "normal hearing". For now I don't have a plan for my future. I'll just see what happens when it gets here. I do appreciate your enthusiasm for the stem cell option and of course I'd be happy to help you with anything garden related when you get your first place.
Thanks again for your comments!