Friday, June 12, 2009

Flowers for Friday: Coming Soon Edition

[I've uploaded more pictures this week and am hoping that displaying them in the smaller size will make them load faster for you. To see a photo enlarged, just click on it.]

This hosta is the first to bud.

Soon this whole walkway will
be bordered in blooms.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed
that our hydrangea will
blossom this year.

These buds will open into
bright orange tiger lilies.

This hardy hibiscus is my husband's
favorite. It produces large tropical
flowers and withstands our cold winters.

When in bloom, this mass of
daylilies
makes quite a bold
statement at the front corner
of our home.

From this angle, you can see a single
Oriental lily
that has sprung up among
the daylilies. We have more of them in our
backyard. How did this one wind up here?

A supersized bullfrog is a new resident
in our pond. Perhaps before the summer
is over I'll be sneaky enough to get a
photo of him for you. Usually he jumps
into the pond when I approach and will
emerge later with only his eyeballs above
water. I think he's keeping an eye on me!

8 comments:

jelly said...

hydrangea = a favorite of mine. please post pictures of these girls if and when they bloom. we carried these when we got married last year...i just love them.

i want to put a pond in my backyard, i like yours and the bullfrog i'm sure is a nice addition.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I'll be sure to do that, jelly.

ms toast burner said...

The hostas are looking great!

I love daylilies and I hope you post some pics of those when they start blooming (please!). ;-)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Of course, I'll do that for you.

deafdude said...

You are a big fan of flowers. I should give that a try when I move out and buy my own house.

Youve seen Mog's blog, how did you do on the piano test unaided and aided? My piano test is on my blog. I have another article on stem cells in my blog, do you plan to get stem cells to restore some hearing in several years? I definately do!

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Oh, I loved it so much, and it's sooo beautiful!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi DeafDude,
I could not get the piano test to work. I tried the site three times. All that comes up on my screen is a title. Do you have any advice for me?
Sarah

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, Deb Ann.
*smiles* Sarah