Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Rosy Goodness

I can't believe I forgot to include a picture of my Laura Ashley Hathaway Rose dishes in my blog post yesterday. I got these from Kohl right around the time I decided to stencil my kitchen cabinets. I couldn't believe they came with blue trim around the plate edges, blue inside the bowls, and blue dessert plates. It's like they were made for my kitchen!

I also meant to show you a picture of a mug tree I stenciled to match the cupboards. I got this plain wooden mug tree from Kmart, painted it white, then stenciled roses on its base.

Last, but not least, here is an embroidery project I finished just in time for my 15th wedding anniversary. LOL, it only took me fourteen years to complete. We hung it up today over my sugar and spice cupboard. Click on the photo to see it larger.

Hope you enjoyed your virtual tour of my rose kitchen.


jelly said...

Is that a cross stitch? I couldn't tell. I love to cross stitch and I love that pattern!

I really, really like your Laura Ashely plate/cups. So dainty and pretty.

I'll be over for tea at 3:00 today and I want mine in that cup!! :-)
I'll bring the cupcakes.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jelly,
It's not cross stitch, it's embroidery and crewel.
Tea and cupcakes would be fun!