Friday, July 3, 2009

Flowers for Friday: Red, White, and Blue

I couldn't resist taking this photo
of my red/white petunias with the
4th of July holiday coming tomorrow.

Does this qualify as blue?
We bought it as part of a blue garden
package from a catalog. I can't
remember what it is but
my husband identified it
as a perennial geranium.

The wave petunias in this photo
also look rather blue to me.
In the background you
can see our hostas have bloomed

Hosta walkway in bloom.

Our hibiscus plants continue to grow!

In various parts of the yard,
lilies are in bloom now. I love
their gorgeous colors.

Asiatic Lily

first one to bloom
(for Marnie)

This deep purple lily is my
favorite photo this week.

All the pictures were taken with my
new cell phone which boasts a
3.2 megapixel camera. I am still
experimenting with the various
settings for this camera. Most of
these photos were taken using
the macro setting. I used auto focus
on all but the yellow daylily photo.
For all of them, I used the
lowest resolution setting 640 x 480.


ms toast burner said...

Aww, thanks Sarah; you sweetie! :-)

Your garden is blooming away and your cell phone takes pretty good pics.

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, and happy belated Canada Day!