Thursday, July 16, 2009


I never got to the conference for my final day. A headache I'd been battling for a couple days developed into a full blown migraine. In defeat, I reached for the migraine medicine and slept.

Later that afternoon, I fell while outside in the backyard with my dog. Unfortunately, I landed on the bricks that form our garden beds and slammed my tailbone hard. Since then I've been bruised and sore. Rest, my heating pad, and Tylenol have helped tremendously in managing the pain. My medical book tells me to expect to be sore for quite awhile.

Through it all, my darling dog has stuck close to my side. Isn't he a sweetie?


deafdude said...

Get well soon :)

Hope you have time to check my new posts in my blog. I got a tune up with my HAs and am hearing great, but still nowhere near close to normal except in the low frequencies. I plan to try stem cells in 5-10 years if it's safe by then.

Mog said...

Oh Sarah, poor you, you will be sore. I hope you are feeling better soon, and hope not to many people are giggling at you!

Thats a handsome dog you have there.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, deafdude. I'll go check out your blog.

Hi Mog,
If anyone dares giggle, I'll sic my sweet dog's evil twin on them!

Anonymous said...

It's just as well you didn't go in, perhaps. I didn't tell you that the nurse laughed outright when I told her how I fractured mine. Just not what I needed about then! Your pup is adorable.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Some people just find falls hilarious. But a nurse should not be one of them, IMHO.
Rusty sends a tail wag.