Friday, July 31, 2009

Flowers for Friday: In My Friend's Garden

Pretty in pink: petunias and daisies (?).

Rose: my friend's specialty

Hibiscus - wouldn't you like to tuck that behind your ear?

Lily


Side view of lily

I needed inspiration for this week's post, so I asked my Green Thumb Friend if I could visit her garden and take photos. She graciously agreed.

Sara Chapman will be pleased to know I used my new camera for all these pictures. In case you're wondering, it's a Sony Cybershot. I especially liked this model because it had a 5x zoom and it can take short videos in HD.

Doesn't my Green Thumb Friend have a lovely garden? I'll post more photos soon. I have to learn how to resize them. Forgive me if they took a while to load this time.

6 comments:

Glenice said...

Beautiful! Very nice job with the new camera.

ms toast burner said...

Great shots, Sarah! :-)

Love the hibiscus...

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for the encouragement, friends!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

These look GREAT! I am so pleased I've been instrumental in you getting your camera into a garden. Fun, no? And don't be afraid to try that macro lens, either.

Sara

Danielle said...

wow these are beautiful!

I got your message sorry im responding late about the hotel situation. I was wondering if you can email me at deafinitelyasl11@aol.com. I tried emailing you I want to FAX* you something from the ADA that i got about the accomdations. Its very important. Please email me when you can...

I really think you should write the letter! This is very important to do.

Smile

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

They're soo lovely! Nice job, Sarah :)