Monday, July 20, 2009

Say What?


This past weekend my family participated in a youth golf tournament. During one of the group meals, I struggled to keep up with the conversation. Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I introduced the topic of a vacation to Scotland my husband and I had taken five years ago. This tactic didn't turn out so well for me when a parent sitting across from me commented, "Did you know Paris Hilton is in Scotland?" That puzzled me as I was pretty sure this woman wasn't a fan of celebrities. I turned to my husband and repeated what I had heard. He couldn't hold back his laughter, when he replied, "No, she said 'Did you know the British Open is in Scotland?'" Oops.

2 comments:

billcreswell said...

I had a funny one the other day, when the voice recognition software I am working on for captioning the service at church, typed out the words "all mice drink".

I was so surprised, it took me a while to figure out that
"all mice drink"
was it's interpretation of
"all my strength"

Once I figured that out - wow, they do sound alike.

Oh my. My security word for this post comment?

"impireed"

SpeakUp Librarian said...

That is funny, Bill. Thanks for sharing!

I hate captchas. Especially when I interpret the word wrong.