Friday, May 22, 2009

Flowers for Friday

Geranium planted in a window box on our deck


Our first iris to appear this year!

Bishop's Weed also known as Snow on the Mountain

This perennial is great for borders. Be careful though
as it likes to spread and will even grow into your grass if
not contained. It's special to me because I got it from
my parents' yard and it always reminds me of home.

The water is so clear in our pond after it rains.
This is one of my favorite places to sit and reflect.

Coming soon: Peonies


ms toast burner said...

What a beautiful garden you have there Sarah! I love that 'snow of the mountain' plant... you must have quite the green thumb!

Anonymous said...

Yoyr garden looks great. Tigerman

l1zblog said...

Your garden is lovely. I certainly could relax at your pond too! :)

jelly said...

I never realized that the Wonder Woman of Librarians also has a Green Thumb!

Wonderful garden.

And you have a pond, any fishies in there? Koi would be nice.

What time is the cookout this weekend ha!! ;-) I'll be the one sitting over by the pond!! Anyone else coming?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, Ms. Toast Burner. We've been here 15 years and have learned through trial and error what will grow and what won't. I won't claim a green thumb but I do have dirt under my fingernails!

Thank you, Tigerman.

Liz, I would love to have you come!!!

Hi Jelly, we have some goldfish. We'll start cooking once you get here!

Mog said...

I love that snow on the mountains, and like the idea that it will spread to the lawn. I will look out for that.

Your gardens are lovely, very inviting. How much time do you spend weeding etc?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Mog,
Weeding is a regular chore but I don't mind. After being indoors all day for work, it's nice to be outside working with my hands. Of course, it's a different story once the heat of summer comes. Then the yard gets a bit neglected because the humidity is too strong.
Do you have hot, humid days in Ontario?