Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Know I Saw That Around Here Somewhere

Every morning in the final moments before I leave for work, I'm always searching for something. Some days it's my purse, other days it's my jacket or shoes. On really bad days it's my keys. I'll be late for sure if I can't find those!

Today I wanted to write about some intro to ASL videos I'd seen on YouTube a few years back. They were created by a girl from Canada and I wanted to share them especially with my Canadian readers. But alas, I can't find them anywhere. Drat.

So instead of sharing an internet discovery today, I'm going to write about a way to keep track of interesting sites you find so you can locate them later. If only I'd done that for those videos...

I would imagine almost everyone is familiar with bookmarking or saving a website in favorites. But do you know about Delicious? Delicious is a website where you can save your bookmarks and share them with others. It really comes in handy when you access the internet from more than one computer or location. It's also a convenient way to share your research when you're working on a group project.

If you'd like to take a peek at my bookmarks, you can find me at Delicious here. And if anyone is familiar with the videos I mentioned, let me know.

Update 8/10/2010 - My Delicious account has been deleted. It's a great idea but I didn't have time to keep up with it. And I never did locate those videos.


ms toast burner said...

Hey, cool website there Sarah... your bookmarks are great and I've bookbooked that page.

No embarrassing bookmarks though! You angel! ;-)

billcreswell said...

I use google bookmarks - coordinated with Google Toolbar in IE, or a Google Bookmark add on for firefox
(google bookmarks, or gbookmarks)

I have two delicious accounts, that I keep neglecting, but they work well using "bookmarklets" or Delicious Bookmark FF add on

Kelly said...

Is this the Canada girl you're referring to?

jelly said...

I have to check out this delicious business when I have more time.

sounds cool.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kelly,
No, it was another person. She had such a friendly and nice way about teaching signs. As I learned in my ASL class, signs have regional variations, so I thought that her videos would be of interest to my readers from Canada.
Thanks for your comment, though, I really appreciate it.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Bill,
Thanks for mentioning Google Bookmarks. I've never tried that so I'll have to look into it.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Ms. Toast Burner,
All the embarassing bookmarks are on my naughty librarian account. Just kidding!!!

Hi Jelly,
You will love delicious if only for the fact that their webpage features cupcakes in their logo!