Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Cubicle: Speak Up Librarian Style

I practiced using some of my video software today. For your viewing pleasure, I offer you a short tour of my work cubicle. My apologies for the blurriness, I used my cell phone to record this.



For everyone who's stuck in a small space all day, here's a hilarious "My Cubicle" version set to a parody of James Blunt's Beautiful song. You don't really need the words to enjoy it but I did include the lyrics below the video (in case you have any questions).



“MY CUBICLE”

My job is stupid,
My day’s a bore,
Inside this office,
From 8 to 4.

Nothing ever happens,
My life is pretty blank,
Pretending that I am working,
Pray I don’t get canned.

My cubicle, my cubicle,
It’s 1 of 62,
It’s my small space,
In a crowded place,
Just a six by six board booth,
And I hate it, that’s the truth.

When I give a sigh,
As the boss walks by,
No one ever talks to me,
Or looks me in the eye,
And I really should work,
But instead I just sit here,
And surf the internet.

And my cubicle, my cubicle,
It doesn’t have a view,
It’s my small space,
In a crowded place,
I sit inside there too,
And sometimes I sit here nude.

Lyrics from Ear Sucker.

6 comments:

jelly said...

me and my wife loved 'my cubicle'. that was great!

that is so my life day in and day out in MY CUBICLE.

i don't even know how to put video on my site yet...i'm so far behind.

oh and your cubbie was cute too! :-)

ms toast burner said...

Hahahaha!

Loved both of those videos, Sarah!

:-)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jelly,
It's easy to put YouTube videos onto your blog with Blogger. Go to www.youtube.com, find the video you want, look for a box to the write with code in it that says Embed. Select the code and copy. Paste it into a new post [use Edit HTML tab not Compose]. Voila!
Even better, you can now customize the look of a YouTube video. There's an asterisk looking symbol at the right of the Embed code box. Click on that and you will have options for colors and sizes to match your blog's look. (I use the smallest size.) Once you make your choices, the code in the Embed box changes and you can select and paste it.
If you have any questions, email me. I just bet there's some fantabulous cupcake videos out there!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, Ms. Toast Burner!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job, your life is anything but boring!!! TIGERMAN.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I don't think of my life as boring, just my job sometimes. Today I'm going to post up a look at some of the repetitive work I do.
All the best, Sarah