Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Craft Fun


While I was in the craft store with my friend the other day, this bright yellow sun caught my eye. For some time now, I've been wanting to create a craft to display in my downstairs bathroom during the summer. I've had that itch because I have a craft I put on display there during the winter months. It spells out SNOW with a snowman made out of the O. I got it along with matching hand towels at Target. I was sure I could make something myself if I found the right materials. When I found the word Celebrate and the flip flops, I decided to give it a try.

This craft was easy to make. All I had to do was paint the word Celebrate and glue the other pieces to it. I chose to use two colors for Celebrate because it would make a nice effect with the mirror reflection. In the photo below you can see how it looks in the bathroom. I find it really brightens my mood to see it. What do you think?

4 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! I really like that Sarah :)

kym said...

That is adorable Sarah...I love it!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, Kym.
I've been thinking of doing a post (with you in mind) highlighting my various cross-stitch projects on display in my home. Would you like to see that?

Kym said...

Bring it Sarah...I would totally LOVE to see your work.

And we MUST do a cross stitch swap.
I have the perfect thing for you!