Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

This is one of my favorite recipes my mother taught me. It's moist and delicious.

Pumpkin Bread
3 cups flour
1 1/4 cups oil
2 cups pumpkin (I use Libby's in the can)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg or ginger
4 eggs
Mix together all ingredients and bake for 1 hour at 350. Makes 2 loaves.

This year, I'm hosting a Thanksgiving gathering for 10 at my house. I'm looking forward to it very much so that's where I'll be putting my effort this week, cleaning and cooking. See you around the blogosphere after the holiday.


jelly said...

sounds like you are going to be very busy!
your pumpkin bread recipe sounds good...i need to make a loaf for us over here.

have a great holiday and enjoy your many blessings!!

Glenice said...

Yes, that looks like a really good recipe. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to make it.

Glenice said...

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Sounds so good! I'll take it for sure!