Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Artist Gary Price

I am currently reading a book called The Passionate Lives of Deaf and Hard of Hearing People. I'll be writing more about it soon. But in the meantime, I wanted to share with you about Gary Price, a friend of mine, who is living out his creative dreams.

Last weekend I had the privilege of attending Gary's Meet the Artist exhibit and reception at a local coffee shop. I've known Gary for about 5 years and this was the second exhibit of his I've attended. Gary is very personable and his paintings are colorful and lively. Gary says that his specialty is creating art on canvas or paper, using paint, charcoal, pastel, pencil and collage. You can view his work for yourself online here. He also has a shop on Etsy.

Going to the Edge Coffee House was a fun outing. My husband and I went together as a sort of date last Friday night. He bought a large cup of coffee and I got a delicious chicken salad croissant with a broccoli salad on the side. (That was my dinner as I hadn't eaten yet.) Gary's paintings, priced for sale, were hanging throughout the coffee shop. Gary also had art prints, note cards, and magnets for sale. I purchased his lion magnet (see photo below) for my office because it reminds me of Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia.

Outside on the patio area of the coffee shop, a musical husband and wife duo were performing. Although we spent most of our time inside with Gary, we did get to hear the last three songs of their final set. It was a relaxing way to end our evening. All in all, it was nice to celebrate the art of talented regular folks.

Photo from The Edge Facebook page

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

Your right how it does remind you of Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia. It does to me too. I certainly would have enjoyed being there where you went. I have the book too that you are reading, but I have not started it yet, as I am still reading another book. But I am looking forward to reading it, as it sounds like a good book to get inspiration from.