Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Avatars Have More Fun

I hate to admit this but.... my avatar is younger looking than me, MUCH thinner, and has a fabulous wardrobe to show off her figure. She gets to pose in front of interesting backgrounds and look pretty on my blog sidebar. No dark circles, acne breakouts, bad hair days, migraine headaches or tired feet for her.

Do I sound a little jealous? Perhaps....but I've been thinking for quite awhile now that she needs to have a disclaimer posted above her, something like the message on my side view car mirrors, to let you all know that she's not a true reflection of me. If she ever saw me, I'm sure she would definitely want you to know that, heh.

Last week I saw the new film Avatar. I wasn't expecting to like it much from what I'd seen of the trailer, but it had a very good storyline and I did like it. In the movie, the Avatars are actually more like clones and are not restricted to computer generated worlds. They are free to move around in a real world environment on an alien planet. To control the Avatars, their owners lie down in coffin like pods and connect their brains up to the machines' wiring. While the Avatars are awake, they consume all of their owners' time. Once the Avatars fall asleep, their owners can experience life in their real bodies again. At one point in the movie, the main character says his life has gotten all backwards, so that the Avatar life seems real and the real life seems a dream.

Have you seen the film? What did you think of it?


Paul Wynn said...

I think it was a brilliant movie.. great picture and a solid story. The 3-D experience is surreal as well.

l1zblog said...

I have not seen the film yet. But it looks good. Me and Richard are wanting to see that at some point. :D

jelly said...

haven't seen it.
the wife wanted to...thought it looked interesting.