So far I've suggested
- Get adjusted to your aids slowly.
- Begin wearing them in quiet places.
- Use your own comfort level as a guide to how long to wear them rather than a set schedule.
- Return to the audiologist for adjustments as needed.
- This link for understanding her audiogram.
- This link for understanding if her loss is mild, moderate, or severe.
My hearing aids are BTE open fit and are mostly comfortable and out of sight under my long hair. What would you respond if asked if your aids are comfortable to you? What do you say to people when they comment on your hearing aids?
What advice would you give to someone getting hearing aids for the first time?