Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making Plans for Milwaukee

I'm planning to attend my first HLAA Convention this summer in Milwaukee. Will you be going?

Read more about HLAA Milwaukee here.

LOL - I was filling out the registration form when I thought to myself, where do I mark it that I need accommodations? [As I've done when attending work conferences.] Then it hit me, the whole conference will be accessible. Duh!


Jennifer said...

I'm going! :)

Danielle said...

i wish i can go maybe in 2011 which will be in washington i heard. thats closer. i cant go on airplane because of seziures but have a great time and let me know how it goes im dying to go!

also check out my 2 new blog post you will like both of them

have a great day smile hugs


SpeakUp Librarian said...

That is awesome, Jennifer. I want to meet you!!!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I didn't know you couldn't take an airplane, Danielle. From where you live, it would be a REALLY LONG drive, too. I promise to write about everything.
It's funny that I was thinking when I looked at the registration form, where do I mark that I need accomodations. Then I realized the whole conference will be accessible. LOL.
I love visiting your blog, Danielle.
Hugs, Sarah

Dan Schwartz said...

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I'll also be conducting the workshop on (class)room acoustics on Thursday June 17th at 1PM.

PinkLAM said...

There's an AG Bell Convention in Orlando just a few weeks prior, so I'm probably not going to be able to attend the HLAA convention. I've heard great things about it, though! Do post everything! The last AGB convention was also in Milwaukee.. I wonder if it's the same convention center/hotel. If it is, it's a very nice hotel!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for the info, Dan. I didn't know you were a presenter!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi PinkLAM,
If you attend the Orlando convention, please post about that one. I am not very familiar with AG Bell. A year ago I attended a work convention at the Orlando Conference Center. If yours is there, bring roller skates. It's a really big building!

jelly said...

That sounds awesome. I won't be attending either, but I look forward to reading about it from you or maybe you could do some sort of video from some of the conference?

Jonathan said...

Oh I wish I could I go to all of these conferences - the HLAA, the AG Bell, the CHHA in Sudubry, Ontario, Canada, and the VOICE in Guelph, Ontario, Canada in the spring/summer.

SUP, can u do a report on the HLAA? And, if HLAA posts a page with all of the powerpoints that were used during the convention, then can you shared that with us? There's a couple of workshops at the Milwaukee HLAA that I wish I could watch through videoconferencing...

kim said...

That is so awesome that you get to go and that you'll meet Jennifer. I met her and Laurie at the ALDA Con here in Seattle last fall. I can't wait to hear all about it after you go! I won't be going unfortunately, but I know you'll have a great time. And yeah-- it's a great experience to be with hundreds of people all like you who need similar accommodations-- the experience of a life time! :-)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jelly,
Tell me more about what you mean by creating a video. My camera has a video setting so it might be possible. Are you thinking of me posing as a reporter giving a "Live Update" from the conference? I don't think I could video record any of the speakers' presentations, but perhaps I could make a video at the banquet on Saturday night. Since I have never been to one of these events, I'm not sure what is possible or what to expect. Let me know your thoughts, Sarah

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jonathan,
I will be happy to share my experiences at HLAA. Would you email me about the workshops you are most interested in?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Yes, Kim, it will be an amazing experience to be with hundreds of other people with hearing loss and to have the conference set up to accomodate our needs.
I really had hoped to get out to Seattle this past year but couldn't make it work out. I hope our paths will cross at a future conference/event.
All the best,

(e said...

You know, I am actually considering going. Being a teacher, I have loads of time off in June. I have never been to an HLAA convention before. It would be awesome to meet you in person. I'll let you know. I am going to start making some plans now for what I will be doing in June.


SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I am so excited that you might come to the conference. Did you know there's a discount for first timers?
It would be terrific to meet you. Let me know what you decide.

(e said...

I'm going. See ya there!