Sunday, October 18, 2009

Desert Snow: Amazing Race Episode 5

This episode seemed pretty low key to me after the shocking upset of last week.

In Dubai, my favorites Meghan and Cheyne took the fast forward challenge to a first place finish. Brian made a point of helping every team he possibly could in the hopes of receiving good karma later on in the race. Tiffany and Maria received a replacement vehicle when they damaged theirs. Lance and Keri had difficulty navigating, came in last, and were eliminated. From what we were shown, there was much less fighting between them on this leg of the race. And I have to admit their exit from the game was unexpectedly classy saying they had other great things to look forward to in their life.

Would you have enjoyed building snowmen in the desert heat? That seemed like a better option than searching the "needle in the haystack" like snow piles for a tiny white snowman. But the two teams who found snowmen actually finished ahead of those who chose to build snowmen. Go figure.

For me the best moment of all was when brothers Sam and Dan tried to book an airline ticket to the Persian Gulf!


jelly said...

I hope your feeling much better!!
I've been thinking about you and your sickies. :-)

Thanks for the update, again, I missed it because sports has run over.

Glenice said...

Good to see you are posting again. I hope that means you are recovered from the flu.

I sure enjoyed your recap of Amazing Race. Sometimes the program moves so fast I lose track of people.

I just finished reading a book that I really enjoyed, "Three Cups of Tea." I posted a very short review on my new blog,
Have you read it?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jelly,
Thanks for thinking about me. I'm still recovering. I continue to feel tired and yucky. But I'm trying to rest and drink as much fluids as I can.
A wonderful source for recaps on the Amazing Race and other reality shows is Reality News Online. I enjoy their race analysis articles "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" and "Thinking Smart on the Race". Sometimes they also recap the Insider videos which CBS posts on their website. This is really helpful as CBS doesn't offer captions for them.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Glenice,
Thanks for your comment. As I wrote to Jelly I am getting better. I was tested at the doctors office on Friday and I didn't have influenza or strep. She said it was some other virus.
No, I haven't read that book so I'm going to look at your book review right now. Three Cups of Tea sounds like just what the doctor should order!