Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More Photos from My Friend's Garden

Sunny yellow sunflower

Perfectly pink but what is it called?

Pale pink hollyhock (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.)

An intriguing spotted orange flower but what is it?
Tiger Lily (thanks, Mog)


Hollyhocks with bee

Another sunflower variety

These cheerful yellow flowers remind me of daisies
with a cone flower center. Do you know what they are?

Perhaps a Yellow Coneflower Echinacea Hybrid (?)

Yellow dahlia
Yellow Rose (thanks, Mog)

Green Thumb Friend thought it would be fun for you to help identify the names of the flowers that I didn't know. If we're all stumped, I'm pretty sure she'll come through with the info. Meanwhile if you can help me out, please post in the comments. Thanks!


Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Really, I have no idea of those flowers. I'd love to help out! Anyway, they all are so pretty. I love Sunflowers, I used to plant them every year until we moved. It didn't turn out well here, but I should try it again.

Mog said...

Lovely pictures

I think the spotty flower is a tiger lily. Perfectly pink is a type of dahlia, and the one called dahlia looks like a rose? Not a dahlia anyway

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Sunflowers are one of my favorites too, Deb Ann. I have a funny story from my childhood about the sunflowers that grew in my dad's garden. One year the sunflower heads were disappearing. We wondered who could the thief be? We didn't find out for days until we spied the thief running away with the sunflower top in his mouth. It was a squirrel!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for your help, Mog. I've edited my post accordingly. Green Thumb Friend didn't agree on perfectly pink being a dahlia, though. She thinks perhaps it's an echinacea. I found one that looks similar here.