Friday, August 28, 2009

Flowers for Friday: Hibiscus, Mushrooms, Mums & More

Tee hee. These drooping pink hibiscus remind
me of Sunday School where the children are told to
bow their heads and close their eyes for prayer.
There's always one who peeks!

I love the vibrant color of this
hibiscus
bloom. Gorgeous!

This pale pink/white hibiscus is pretty too.


Lots of rain makes the pond water clear and reflective.
If you click to enlarge this photo, you can spy goldfish.

The wet weather also brought these three mushroom
visitors to the backyard. From a distance they
remind me of golf balls perched on driving range tees.

Summer is definitely waning. It's nearly fall
and soon these mums will be blooming.

Oh look! Here's a bloom that's already started.

I never noticed this until I posted these photos today...
but don't dahlias look a bit like mums?

Whether your weekend is wet or dry, hot or cool, make it a good one!

3 comments:

kim said...

very nice pics miss blog award winner! ;-)

jelly said...

Nice flowers for Friday.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks Kim & Jelly!
"Meeting" the two of you through my blog makes me feel like a winner.