Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Shadow Fun

Today we celebrated my son's birthday by taking him and four of his buddies out for miniature golf, go kart rides, and laser tag. It was a wonderfully sunny day and I saw shadows everywhere! After I'd taken numerous photos of the boys, I decided to have some fun experimenting. I loved the way the shadows fell on the support legs of the picnic bench in the photo above and couldn't resist snapping a picture.

I liked this action shot that shows what activity we were participating in without revealing any of the kids' identities.

When I saw this giant golfer man shadow, I had to act fast and snap this picture. The boys were always in motion so shadow shots of them were hard to get.

This rope bridge railing left a beautiful shadow on the green mini golf fairway, don't you agree?

This is my first tree shadow picture. I like how the mini golf setting appears in the upper right of the photo. The rock that extends over the curb looks to me like a pig. Can you see the pig's snout, eyes, and ears?

Queen Anne's lace makes a delicate shadow in this picture. The rounded shadows in the bottom right of the photo are made by short log pilings bordering one of the golf holes.

Yes, I know my feet are in this photo. You can blame Marnie for that idea.

Another shadow self portrait against the green of the mini golf course. Hope you enjoyed the photos at least half as much as I enjoyed taking them.


P said...

Those shadow pics are cool, I like the table one.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, me too.

ms toast burner said...

Nice toes! ;-)

Those are excellent shadow shots, Sarah. I get the impression you're loving your new camera.

Happy Birthday to your son! :-)

deafdude said...

Happy birthday and nice shadows :)

(I am commenting on your other posts too)

jelly said...

Great shadow shots.
I liked the table one most of all.
I've always liked those types of photographs, shadows and light.

Happy birthday to your son!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks,everyone. I have to get caught up on my blog reading soon. Ms. Toast Burner, my computer hasn't let me leave comments but I have been visiting your site.

Anonymous said...

Graet shots

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures. Before reading your comments about the tree shadow picture, I had noticed the pig, so I was glad that you mentioned it. -- LS

l1zblog said...

Love the shadow pics. Never thought of that. Certainly fun.