Sunday, April 12, 2009

Margie Recovers for Another First Place Finish with Luke!

Last week Margie frightened me when she fainted at the pit stop. She appeared to be suffering from heat exhaustion. I wondered all week whether she would be able to recover her stamina and continue this grueling race. Well, I need not have worried as Margie lived up to her "Bionic Woman" reputation by rocking all the tasks on tonight's episode.

She easily assembled a propeller at the Roadblock. Then at the Detour she searched through bowls containing 50 dentures to find perfect matches for 5 dental patients. Eeew, I would have trouble overcoming my squeamishness but Margie's background as a nurse helped her here. I say her because she found all 5 matches. Luke was not much help. At one point he even tried to put bottom dentures on a patient that needed uppers - oops. The other Detour option chosen by everyone else looked a lot more fun. They got to take a ride in a "party taxi" while singing a repetitive karaoke song in Thai with three locals.

Throughout tonight's episode Luke & Margie made smart racing decisions and finished first again. Whoohoo! Their prize tonight was a trip to Puerto Rico. Cheerleaders Jaime & Cara finished second even though they had their usual difficulties with taxi drivers. Tammy & Victor fell behind early in the race when Victor struggled to put together the propeller but ended up finishing just behind the cheerleaders.

The other two teams, Mark & Michael and Kisha & Jen, made the very poor decision of leaving their belongings behind with their waiting taxis at the Roadblock. Their assumption that they would be returning to that spot proved wrong. Even worse, the sisters left behind their passports and money on a dock. Yikes! Luckily the sisters were able to convince a taxi driver to give them a free ride back to their starting point. That driver's generosity kept them in the game.

In contrast, the stuntsmen used personal possessions to pay fares on two taxi rides which was a violation of race rules. Even though they checked in ahead of Kisha & Jen, they were given two 2 hour penalties by Phil at the mat. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson from last week. Kisha & Jen finished with more than 3 hours remaining on the brothers' penalty clock. Fortunately for the guys it was a nonelimination leg.

Mark & Michael will face an uphill battle next week with their departure delayed by the remaining penalty time and a Speed Bump task only they will have to perform. I wonder if we'll see another U-turn opportunity? The previews showed Luke and Jen colliding twice at clue boxes and each calling the other a b rhymes with witch. Temper, temper! Phil's eyebrows are raised at this turn of events. Stay tuned and continue to cheer on Luke & Margie. Go, Luke & Margie, go!


jelly said...

60 Minutes ran over until about 8:30 and I was wondering if AR was coming on at all!
I missed Mike and Mel this week, I liked them.

I was happy to see Margie and Luke in first place and they did make some smart race decisions this week.

Next week, looks like there will be some arguing going on. Should be interesting!

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Yea!! I hoped to see your post since I missed it. We were at someone's house for Easter's Day. Yeaaaa....Luke & Margie finished first again. Whoohoo! Thanks so much for posting! I got to see it next Sunday.

MissIndecisive said...

I would really love for Margie and Luke to win. As for the "showdown at the pitstop" coming up on Sunday, some people are being extremely rude to Luke, saying he's "playing up his handicap" and whatnot; he's getting a lot of flack for having elbowed one of the girls.

[Is it completely horrible of me to admit that I would have done the same in his situation? :)]

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi MissIndecisive,
Welcome to my blog. I've read some of the comments on the CBS forum and elsewhere on the internet. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in next week's episode.
I don't think it is horrible of you to admit you might do the same thing. Who knows how any of us would react in the same situation? CBS is only showing us the most dramatic moments of the race and even they are edited. I really enjoy reading the articles at Reality News Online especially their recaps of the insider videos and their interviews with the eliminated contestants. It gives me more perspective on the interpersonal dynamics on the race.

MissIndecisive said...

Thanks for the link - I'll be sure to check it out!