Thursday, January 27, 2011

Managing Emotions

Just Smile! (2010)

If I feel depressed, I will sing.
If I feel sad, I will laugh.
If I feel ill, I will double my labor.
If I feel fear, I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior, I will wear new garments.

If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be master of my emotions.

emoticon pillows!

If I become overconfident, I will recall my failures.
If I overindulge, I will think of past hungers.
If I feel complacency, I will remember my competition.
If I enjoy moments of greatness, I will remember
moments of shame
If I feel all-powerful, I will try to stop the wind.

If I attain great wealth I will remember one unfed mouth.
If I become overly proud I will remember a moment of weakness.
If I feel my skill is unmatched I will look at the stars.
Today I will be master of my emotions.

Og Mandino, The Greatest Salesman in the World



Liz said...

You found a good poem there Sarah.

esther said...

Thanks for that. Been struggling with my emotions a bit this week and your post has lifted me. What a thing to be able to do across the ocean :o) Hope things are good for you x

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for letting me know that, Esther. When I post these inspirational topics, it's generally because they are words I need to hear myself.