Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day

My son and I were extraordinarily happy to find out we both had a snow day today! No school and no work. Hooray! It wasn't just the amount of snow causing problems, there were also high winds. Here's what my backyard looked like this morning.
Nearly 10" of snow was my measurement.

Our flower boxes are neatly filled with snow to
the same level as the deck railing. The hanging
baskets we never took down are capped with snow.

Our flower beds are tucked in snugly with a
heavy blanket of snow.

The wood pile has been nearly buried.

No outdoor dining today.

Pond? What pond?

But look, we have blue skies overhead.


jelly said...

snow day here in nj also.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I bet you have quite a bit more snow than we have, Jelly. What did you do with your free day? I hibernated and got some extra sleep when I wasn't cross-stitching.

l1zblog said...

You've certainly had snow. Over here there has been snow too, where some have been snowed in. Where I live I've been very lucky for it not to stick around.

jelly said...

I napped, layed around and watched daytime tv, watched Puffy shovel the snow. Oh, that was so bad of me. ;-)

I'm off again today, but I was more prodective. I got up early, made a big breakfast, cleaned the whole house, doing it is quite so I'm online...I'm going to take some photos soon and do some stitching.

Whatcha working on??

Glenice said...

We have had more snow here too. Maybe I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. It is pretty deep here.

billcreswell said...

Thought of you, the only librarian I know, when I saw this today.

kim said...

Haven't had a snow at all this year. love them! But we've had a warm winter. Strange weather patterns this year.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jelly,
I've been working on a Christmas gift for my friend who's purchased her first home. I bought it too close to Christmas this year to complete it but as she hasn't closed on the house yet, it's going to work out perfect for next year. It has a "home" theme and is just her style. I'll send you a photo of it by email when I finish. (If anyone else wants to see it, let me know.) I can't post it here until after I give it to her since she reads my blog.

You were more ambitious by far than me. I'm writing back to you several days later as I ended up coming down with the flu - perhaps another reason I was so tired on my snow day.

Hopefully I'll be recovered enough to get back to work tomorrow.

Hope you and Puffy are having a wonderful Valentine's Day! My sweetheart has been content to snuggle on the couch with me as I recuperate.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Glenice,
I've been offline for a few days battling a recurrence of the flu. I will check out your blog to see your pictures. It's interesting to hear about what the weather is like in different parts of the country. I felt a bit guilty posting these photos when my relatives in Maryland were literally deluged with snow. They're not prepared to deal with this winter white stuff the way we are.
Take care, and thanks for your comment, Glenice.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Bill,
I have come across that internet video before, tee hee. Nice to see it captioned. Thanks for the heads up on it.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kim,
I can't imagine a winter without snow. As I replied to Glenice, it's interesting to learn what the weather is like around the country (and the world). Thanks for your comment!