Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. It's all about having fun. When I was a little girl, it was tradition to always wear something green to school on March 17. If you forgot, the teacher would draw a shamrock on your hand with a green marker. Otherwise with no green apparel on, you were fair game for pinching!

At home, I like to add a few drops of blue food coloring to a pitcher of lemonade so my son and I can share a green drink together. My family's not too fond of traditional Irish fare like soda bread, corn beef and cabbage, so we'll have a shamrock themed dessert instead. This year I'm thinking of making cupcakes with white frosting and having my son draw on shamrocks with green Betty Crocker cake decorating gel.

Whatever your nationality is, I hope you have a grand day and remember you don't have to be Irish to enjoy St. Patrick's Day!


jelly said...

Happy St. Patricks Day! (pinches Sarah, because she is probably wearing green!!)

You better have pictures of your St. Patty's cupcakes!! You said the magic word..."cupcakes" yum...now I'm in the mood for one.

I was bad and didn't make any for this day.
But, the wife did make Irish Potatoes and got rave reviews for them!!

Enjoy your day.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I'll post up a picture tomorrow, promise. Wonder who gave me the idea to make cupcakes this year? Hmmm....

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Awww! Your dog's so cute. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Sarah :)

Yes, I'm ready for green cupcakes..sounds so yummy :) My teeth would be so green, too.

Deb Ann