Thursday, June 10, 2010

London: Changing of the Guards Ceremony

Buckingham Palace

Military Band

New Guard

Victoria Memorial

This monument is located directly across from the palace
and was our vantage point for watching the ceremony.

Here's a short video I made of the Queen's Guard
marching into the Buckingham Palace gates. To watch
it in full screen, double click on the video and it will
open into a new window where you can expand the size.


Frieda said...

Looks like you are having a grand time!

Liz said...

My Mum wondered herself if I seen changing of the guards. I said no. But I can say yes now I've seen it here.

Great photos as well Sarah.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Liz,
Watching the ceremony involved a lot of standing around and waiting under the sun. We got there an hour in advance just to get the spot we did. The gates next to the palace were already crowded.
Luckily, during our stay my son found a television program on that described the Queen's Guards' preparation for the Trooping of the Colours ceremony. It was interesting to get that inside look at the troops.