Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Halfway Point


2010 Calendar
Originally uploaded by The Nebulous Kingdom of Anne-Julie

Today marks the halfway point for 2010. How has this year been going for you? A friend recently told me about this marvelous song from the musical Rent. It's called Seasons of Love and it answers the question, "How do you measure a year?".

There's a wonderful YouTube video with the lyrics of the song which I highly recommend to you. Embedding has been disabled by request so I'm unable to post it here for you to view but if you click on this link you can see it for yourself. Enjoy and be inspired to make the most of what remains of 2010.

2 comments:

Liz said...

For me as you know, and as bloggers know from visiting my deaf blog, it's been unexpectdly crap so far with the mastoid problem, resulting in my first epsisode being in hospital for the weekend. Being deafer this year from it.
I go for another hearing test at the hospital tomorrow to see if I'm profound as last test shown privately or if surprisingly I'm back to severe as hospital last knew it. So time will tell very soon.

But at least I can come with something positive so far this year too, out of all of that, and that was to get the chance to see you down London, and make my holiday I booked to Brighton recently too.

So far I'm much more pain free than I've been. A bit of tenderness at side of head, but very minute. So nothing to complain about there finally. Hopefully it's the end of it. :)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Liz,
Yes, some years are measured in doctors visits and medical tests.
I'm glad that we met this month and that you had a great holiday in Brighton. I hope the rest of your 2010 will be measured in healing and hope.
Hugs,
Your friend,
Sarah