Monday, June 28, 2010

I've Lost My Glasses

Last Wednesday I misplaced my glasses in my home. I know for sure that they are somewhere in the house because I lost them after I got home from work and couldn't find them the next morning before returning to work. The problem is they aren't in plain sight anywhere. Neither are they under anything, behind anything, or on top of anything. Believe me, I've checked! Where oh where could they be?

For now, I'm getting by (barely) with an old pair. After the missing ones didn't turn up over the weekend, I called my eye doctor for help. Unfortunately, he's booked solid and couldn't squeeze me in for 2 weeks. Yikes! I quickly called another doctor who's scheduled me for this Wednesday. Two more days - I will try to manage. It's been a long time since I've been to a new eye doctor. Perhaps I'll end up with a whole new look. I feel as though my eyeglasses are just as much a part of my Speak Up Librarian identity as my hearing aids. Maybe my avatar should check out some new styles for me.

If you wear them, have you ever lost your glasses?

15 comments:

Vivie said...

Oh yes,Misplaced them , broken them , lost them in places, the whole nine yards.

I couldn't get along without them.What I do is I always have previous pair ,with the SAME lenses as current ones ( I mean prescription ) so I won't be stranded!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Vivie,
That is a great idea. My insurance will pay for one pair. Maybe I will ask how much getting lenses put into my old frames would cost (second pair). Thanks!
So glad to know it isn't just me.
All the best,
Sarah

Steve said...

Don't think I've ever lost a pair but I've had a few that have been flattened.

Maybe this could help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quzT6XNlNho

My daughter loves this show.... Actually, I love this show too!

Liz said...

My Mum is doing well at the moment. But a couple of years back, I can't remember how many times she sat on them, spraining or breaking them.

kym said...

Wow...I've misplaced, lost, broken, had the dog chew them up, ran over them in my car and left them on top of my car and drove off...my poor glasses, various pairs have been through the wringer!

You may want to invest in a chain to keep them in place? lol good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely have lost my glasses before. Left them in another classroom, dropped them on a huge field. Yikes. I've also lost my FM for my hearing aids before. Ugh.

kim said...

I can't function without my glasses, so I have TWO pairs, just in case one gets misplaced! Hope you find them soon.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Steve,
The sound isn't working on my computer today, so I'll have to check out your video another time. I tried watching it just now and found myself trying to lipread the animated characters, ha ha.
The Pepa pig show is new to me. Thanks for sharing.
Sarah

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Oh dear, Liz. Do you think I'm having a senior moment?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kym,
Actually I was thinking about a chain...but I don't think I'm ready for one yet. It seems more elderly to me than wearing hearing aids, LOL. Ah, vanity.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Anonymous -
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Glad to know it's not just me.
All the best,
Sarah

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kim,
I may just have to get a backup to avoid this scenario in the future. For now I think I need to work on my concentration skills. Lately I've had way too much on my mind. Time to simplify.
Sarah

Liz said...

If you are having a senior moment. Then it's come too early. lol

But I do agree with you about not getting a chain for your glasses. I see them as something that old people use too. I'd probally invest in a second pair instead.

Julie said...

I can't find them right now! I last had them on Thursday and I swear I put them on my bedside table...where have they gone to?

Anonymous said...

i swear glasses have feet and they walk around in the lamest of places....i lost mine yesterday still havent found dem and i bet they are sittin some where cosy in my house laughing at mi :( .......... wish u luck finding them priya :D