Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking Forward to the New Year 2012

Happy New Year!

I wonder what 2012 will bring? I'm hoping for some new adventures, but I want to stay closer to home this year. Here are some of the activities I hope to experience this year with family and friends:
  • Snowshoeing - I have never tried this winter sport. What's lured me in is that I can rent a pair for $10, go at my own pace along a trail, and then exchange the snowshoes when I'm finished for a large hot chocolate!
  • Taking a tour of Quilt Gardens. I have a friend who adores quilting and I love flowers so it seems like a perfect fit for us. I can't wait to photograph these gardens.
  • Giving canoeing a second shot but with someone other than my son who refuses to get into a canoe with me again, ha ha. For those who don't know the story of our previous experience, you can read it here.
  • Travelling to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin. This is something my husband and I have talked about doing for a long time. I'm hoping to organize it as an outing for my ALDA support group. I think the visual spectacle will be something we deafies can enjoy.
  • Participating in the reindog parade, of course.
What are your hopes and dreams or even plans for the New Year?

1 comment:

Liz said...

Have a Happy New Year, and look forward to further updates from you.