Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Funny Mistakes While Listening to the Car Radio

I was driving in to work yesterday and listening to a Christian radio station. A female announcer began a promo for her talk show that would be on at noon. She said the question of the day was "What's the hottest thing in your purse, ladies?" I was puzzled by that choice of topic until she went on to explain that women tend to carry a lot of stuff around with them and sometimes there can be some pretty strange things inside their purses. Once she restated the idea using different words, the lightbulb went off - Aha! She had actually said, "What's the oddest thing?"

A few minutes later, a male radio host announced the subject that would be coming up next for discussion would be the Opposum's Creed. Huh? I had never heard of that! The context of its being a Christian station helped me realize he had actually said the Apostle's Creed. Chuckling to myself, I reached over and switched off the radio.

9 comments:

kim said...

lol-- This is why I don't listen to talk radio. They don't speak my language.

Now trying to think of the oddest item in my purse, but nothing comes to mind. Will get back to you on that one.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

If you have any thoughts on the Opposum's Creed, feel free to share those as well.

jelly said...

lol...that's funny.

(e said...

ha! ha! ha! That's great. "What's the hottest thing in your purse?"
I don't know, my tampon?

lol.

(e

Jonathan said...

I've not listened to the radio for a long time as I didn't drive a car for so many years. And, then when I got a car, I listened to my CDs or, dare I say, cassettes.

But, I've turned on the radio a little every once in a while, especially on Saturdays and Sundays in hope that I would catch the Rick Dee's Top 40 countdown, which I used to love listening to.

I find that I have to turn the radio really loud and to be selective with what I listen to because I find that many radio broadcasters' voice not easy to listen to. And, I would rather keep my focus on driving, not on listening.

kim said...

I used to say the Opposum's Creed in church every Sunday. Grew up Lutheran. lol

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Ha, ha, (e.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I remember Rick Dee's top 40 Countdown. I also liked Casey Casem. :)
Sarah

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Too funny, Kim.