Thursday, March 4, 2010

Put on Your Thinking Caps, Everybody

My friend and fellow blogger Liz is sponsoring a Quiz Game tomorrow on her forum. Everyone is welcome to participate. The quiz will be in the form of 6 brain teaser questions. All the rules will be explained just prior to the start in the chat room.

I happen to love TV game shows that test contestants' knowledge like Jeopardy! and Cash Cab. I also enjoy challenging my family and friends to a lively game of Trivial Pursuit. It's always interesting to find out what other people know and don't know and learn new things.

I am really looking forward to Liz' event but we need players to participate. The real point of the game is to enable people with hearing loss to interact with each other through the forum and get to know each other better. Bragging rights are a bonus.

So if you'd like to take me on at Liz' game, here's everything you need to know:

  1. Liz HOH Forum can be found at http://lizshoh.forumotion.com/.

  2. You need to become a forum member to participate in the quiz. It's free to join. All you have to do is agree to the forum's registration agreement terms, create a username and password, and provide an email address. Register here http://lizshoh.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=register.

  3. Quiz time is Friday March 5 at 10:15 p.m. UK
    For those of us in the US, that's 5:15 p.m. Eastern/4:15 p.m. Central
    *Remember to login a bit ahead of time, so Liz can explain the rules.
See you on the forum! If you have any questions, leave me a comment or you can leave a comment on Liz's blog here.
Update 3/6/10
Turned out I was the only one who logged in for the quiz so I guess I won by default, ha ha. We went ahead and played anyways and Liz asked me a literature question, geography question, and several brainteasers. It was fun connecting across the ocean (Liz is from England). Liz says it's my turn to host the next quiz game. I'll let you know more about that once it's arranged.

6 comments:

l1zblog said...

I've left a thank you comment on my blog, but I'd thought I'd leave one here too. Thank you so much for the support you have given me. It means a lot. :)You have done a better job than I could have done. :)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

You're welcome, Liz.
I'm hoping that spreading the word will get more people to participate. If it's just you and me, I am going to win by default.
Sarah

l1zblog said...

Yes you will win by default if it's just us. And as we will still do the quiz even if it is just us. You will have practice at being quick at typing your answer. So you will be one step ahead of future games. :)

Glenice said...

I will try to remember to log in for this. Sounds like fun.

Sarah, I see that you have a count down posted for the HLAA convention. Are you planning to go?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Glenice,
Yes, I am going to the Milwaukee convention with my friend Julie. Are you?
Sarah

l1zblog said...

Looking forward to you being quiz host Sarah, and to have a go myself at being quizzed. :)