Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Blog Celebration

Come and celebrate with me! I'm tickled pink. The Web Goddess has now dubbed me Blog Diva. Why? Recently my blog's visitor site counter passed 10,000. [imaginary confetti thrown in the air] Okay, some of that number is me working on my blog and replying to comments... but no way have I been to my own blog 10,000 times. On top of that Chad wrote me today that my blog was added to his organization's website. You can see the link here. Whoo hoo! [sound of a party horn]

Party Chatter: Did you know? Jakob Nielsen says ninety percent of all online community participants are lurkers - people who never leave a comment even if they like what they read. "Blogs have even worse participation inequality than is evident in the 90-9-1 rule... With blogs, the rule is more like 95-5-0.1." Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to leave a comment. You are appreciated! [air kisses] To all lurkers, thanks for reading. You are always welcome here. [more confetti is airborne]

Party Favor: Have you ever wondered how to create a link in a Blogger comment? Here's the HTML code you need. Ironically, I tried to write the code out in this blog post but Blogger kept turning my directions into a link. LOL. But here's a tip from me: I find it easy to remember which arrow to use by thinking that the arrow symbols point in towards the word(s) I want to hyperlink.

Delicious Virtual Party Refreshments provided by Kym. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sarah! How wonderful! I know the feeling well, my counter hit 6700 before crashing inexplicably, and I didn't put it on my site until 2 or 3 months after starting writing, if not more. You write well, and are always informational! Here's a toast to many more hits!

Eddie (Thumpaflash)

kym said...

Congrats...10,000 visitors...holy cow, that's a lot!!
I have no clue how many people look at mine...but I'm guilty of lurking and never commenting even if I enjoy the post. I wonder why I do that?
Anyway...'yay for you' and hope everyone enjoys those cupcakes!

~Kym

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, Eddie.
Cheers! [sound of glasses clinking]
Sarah

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kym,
You can find out by adding a "visitor counter" to your blog. Just google that phrase. There are lots of possibilities available.
Sarah

kym said...

i found it...thanks!

l1zblog said...

Congratulations and well done. Keep it up as I really enjoy visiting your blog.

Chad said...

cheers Sarah!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks, Chad!