Sunday, December 14, 2008

Recipe for Holiday Cheer

Here's an excellent dish to bring to a holiday family gathering or a company Christmas party. Make sure any Scrooges get an extra large helping.

Recipe for Holiday Cheer
slightly adapted from Taylorstales Genealogy

2 cups Genuine Interest
4 spoons of Understanding
1 cup of Recognition
1 cup of Appreciation
2 spoons of Tenderness
1 cup of simple Courtesies
3 glasses of Kindness
4 spoons of Faith
1 cup of Friendship
1 jug of Laughter
1 jug of Smiles
2 mugs of Consideration for Others

Take Genuine Interest and make an effort to Understand. Mix thoroughly with Recognition and Appreciation. Blend with Simple Courtesies, Kindness and Tenderness. Add Faith, Friendship and an abundance of Laughter. Top freely with Smiles and Consideration for Others.

Be sure to enjoy the wonderful smell while this dish bakes in your heart. Just before serving, garnish with Love.

7 comments:

kim said...

This is really sweet and gave me a smile.

Deb Ann said...

I second Kim above..:)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kim & DebAnn,
Glad you liked this recipe!!!
Sarah

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Sarah, I have another wonderful recipe to share with you. Perhaps I might remember to bring it in, and this one includes ICE CREAM! Yummy...your buddy!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Now that's something to look forward to!

jelly said...

I'm new to your blog, just a lurker who decided to post a comment.
I enjoy reading your blog and found many comparisions with my own hearing loss.

I liked your receipe. Creative.

I will visit often...happy holidays.

Kym.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Kym,
Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you have enjoyed what you've read so far. It's comments like yours that keep me motivated to keep sharing my journey. I left a comment on your blog too.
Blessings, Sarah