Saturday, December 27, 2008

Naughty is the New Nice

Tis better to give than to receive. How true especially if you've been a tad bit naughty with your gift giving. Smirk.

Last year I found an irresistible gift for my parents who are just a little leery of receiving affection from my big friendly golden retriever. I got them t shirts that said "Ask me about my grand-dog" with a nice large paw print on the front. Tee hee.

By the way that wasn't their only gift from me. In case you were wondering.

The shirt can be ordered from this Animal Rescue website.

This year when asked what she would like for Christmas, my mother said she wanted a dish towel. C'mon, a dish towel. I could do better than that. I knew she would really enjoy getting a pair of sapphire earrings to match her favorite ring. The problem is she's one of the last holdouts on pierced ears and she only wears clip on earrings. I scoured the Internet for sapphire clip on earrings but came up empty. Hmmm. What to do. Eureka! I would get her a matching necklace instead.

I found a lovely sapphire and diamond necklace at Kohl's. On sale too. Perfect. Next I found a dish towel in her favorite color yellow. I wrapped the jewelry box up and placed it inside the dish towel and then wrapped that up. You want a dish towel you're going to get a dish towel I thought evilly.

I couldn't wait for her to open her gift Christmas morning. I was all ready with my camera and snapped this photo to share with you.

See, naughty really is the new nice.


jelly said...

Apparently naughty is the new nice!

I got towels for Xmas, holiday ones from the wife...I guess I was naughty too. :-)

Happy 2209,

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Tee hee. I shamelessly copied that blog post title off of a coffee mug.
Happy New Year to you too!