Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How do you play THAT game?

My coworker Diane called me at the reference desk with an idea for an icebreaker activity for the online class we will be teaching this winter. An icebreaker activity helps students get to know each other at the beginning of a course. She said the game was called "Name that cowlick." Say what? How do you play that? I wondered briefly before asking her to repeat what she said. This time I got it right: Name that colleague. Tee hee. I think my version sounds like more fun.


billcreswell said...

I love this "misheard" category.

My son asked me what they were saying in that song about Chelsea?

(Gloria in ex-celsis(Chelsea's)-deo)

We started making up lyrics about Gloria singing on Chelsea's Day-O.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Bill,
Love that Christmas carol one! You might also be interested in my post on mondegreens - the phenomenon of commonly misheard song lyrics.
Happy Holidays!