Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holiday Surprise

A kindergarten girl with Deaf parents chose to sign the songs for them rather than using the generic hand motions with the rest of the class at her school's holiday concert. Now that's what I call inclusive communication! I bet her surprised parents were so proud. Whether you know sign language or not, this short video is guaranteed to lift your spirits this season. I could watch it over and over to see how this little girl stole the show. Enjoy and happy holidays!


Liz Fisher said...

Yes. I found this not so long ago via FB and was memorised watching it. It was lovely. And I bet it was for the parents too.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

It reminded me of the time a few years back when I attended a school Christmas program. One of the songs incorporated signs and it was such a wonderful surprise for me. I was absolutely delighted.

Glad you had found this video too!

Liz Fisher said...

Yes it was lovely to watch. I could watch that all the time. She looked so happy signing away. :-)