Monday, June 3, 2013

Update to My Kitchen

Long time readers may remember a post about my rose themed kitchen. Well, this spring, I decided to change it all up and go with a completely different look. I started checking out kitchen photos online and decided I liked the white on white look for cabinets. Achieving this was simple enough but it took a bit of courage to cover up the stencils I had painstakingly done by hand. You can see the difference in this side by side comparison:


Fortunately, I like the end result a lot.



The stainless steel countertop remains the same. The cabinets are the same with new paint. The appliances are the same. I got new window treatments - white faux wood blinds to replace the hot pink blinds. I sewed new curtains for the door with material I bought at Joann Fabrics.



Using yellow as an accent color has kept the room cheerful. I bought a new table to replace the aging booth that was falling apart. The last item I purchased was a new floor. I got a patterned gray vinyl to replace the black and white checkerboard. I love it with the dogs because the dirt doesn't show. Funny story: The first time I swept the floor, I lost my dirt pile. I was so used to sweeping it onto a white tile that this time when I went to sweep it into the dustpan, I could not find where it was. This color is great!

More photos available on flickr.

5 comments:

Liz Fisher said...

Hi Sarah. It's a great new look. Sunny, cheerful bright and fresh. Looks a whole new kitchen.

Cheryl said...

Your kitchen looks great Sarah. It's so bright and sunny! Hope you all are well.

Xpressive Handz said...

Such a happy room. The sun is always shining, that's what yellow says to me. :-)

Liz Fisher said...

Thats what yellow says to me Joyce. One of my flats I used to live in I painted a wall yellow, same brightness as that. Always felt sunny even though it was dull outside and raining. :)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments. We are now redoing our sunroom so my house is in temporary chaos again. I'll post photos of that project when it's finished too.
All the best,
Sarah