Monday, September 12, 2011

Oticon Focus on People Award Winners Announced

Don Sims, Hearing Care Practitioner winner
Jennifer Alberstadt, Adult winner
Peer Lauritsen, President of Oticon
Sarah Wegley, Advocacy winner
Dylan Dunlap, Student winner

This photo was taken last Friday afternoon following the Oticon Focus on People awards luncheon in Los Angeles, California.

I want to thank all of my readers who voted for me and took the time to read the inspiring stories of the nominees on the Oticon website. This was one of the most exciting experiences of my life. I'm so grateful to have had this opportunity and will tell you all about my trip to LA in my next post.


(e said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Liz said...

Yeah!! Well done Sarah! :D I'm so happy.

Xpressive Handz said...

I"m so excited for you!! You do us proud!

Megan said...

Congratulations!! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The award is well-deserved.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog last night. It was terrific! Joe and I talk each evening about this wonderful experience in LA with Oticon. Besides the wonderful food and entertainment, it was fantastic to be in the presence of so many hearing care professionals as a hard of hearing person. Joe learned a grreat deal on this trip, and we are impressed with Oticon's vision of "People First".
It was an honor to be in your presence. You have done so much for hard of hearing individuals. This entire experience increased awareness in my community so much. Coming from a small city and tight knit community, paople suddenly realized that Joe's wife was hard of hearing, wore aids, and they never knew it. People really spent a great deal of time cruising thu Oticon website.
We are thankful for you, Dylan and Don and all that you contribute each day.How deeply inspiring. I hope to be involved in more events with Oticon in the future. Keep us posted on your progress. Your speeach at the luncheon was great, as was your interview before.