Monday, March 21, 2011

Communicating at Don Juan's Organic Farm

I wanted to give you an idea of what it was like for me to travel in a Spanish speaking country while on a tour with deaf adults who communicate in sign language. This very short video made at Don Juan's Organic Farm will give you a glimpse at my experience. Keep in mind that I know some Spanish, so when Don Juan spoke I tried to listen to him and watch the ASL interpretation. Fortunately for my comprehension, at many points a hearing member of the tour restated what was said in English.

Here's the text of the English portion of this video:

"...smell different things together.

So now I need one more person to volunteer.

something with yucca

Come on down. Put you to work."

Don Juan's farm was a beautiful place to be and his demonstrations were very visual in nature so if I missed some of the details of organic farming... Oh well... I had a wonderful time anyways.

No comments: