Friday, September 20, 2013

My Writing and Photos Are Featured This Week

I am really pleased to share with you the news that two websites have featured my blog this week!

The first site is Quilt Shop Navigator which highlights quilt shops across the United States and Canada through video interviews with shop owners and photos from inside the stores.

So how does that connect with me? In June 2012 I had the joy of touring the Amish Country Quilt Gardens along the Heritage Trail in northern Indiana which I posted on this blog here, here, and on flickr. When the Quilt Shop Navigator was in the area this year, the flowers were not yet at the height of their beauty. So, for this week's post on a quilt shop in Middlebury, Indiana, three of my photos were used to illustrate the article.

I was contacted online first by the author who requested permission which I was happy to grant her. As a bonus, I enjoyed getting to know her a bit through our emails back and forth and hope she will continue to stay in touch. I may even take up quilting someday. It looks like so much fun.

Here's the post with my photos and a nice shout-out for my blog.

A second site to feature my blog is Healthy Hearing as part of a series they are publishing on bloggers. Speak Up Librarian is included in an article on professionals with hearing loss. I was very touched by the kind words used to describe my writing. I hope you will take a look for yourself. As a bonus, you can find out about other blogs on hearing loss.

Here's the post which features my blog writing.

I'm very grateful for this recognition and for all who read my blog and share the journey with me.


Liz Fisher said...

Well done Sarah. It nice to get these. Always surprising. But lovely. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How nice for your work to be recognized and what a wonderful description of you and your blog. Keep up the good work.


Xpressive Handz said...

I'm so pleased to see you were listed!!