Sunday, June 24, 2012

Amish Country Quilt Gardens Tour: Day Two

Here are a few highlights of our second day viewing the quilt gardens. Many more photos are available on flickr including pictures I took of painted quilt murals on the tour, a yummy looking quilt made of jelly beans, and lovely landscape photos completely unrelated to quilts taken at Wellfield Botanic Gardens.

Sign in Wakarusa, IN
Liberty Garden - Goshen, IN
 This design features a torch amid purple and
red stars. The marigolds are the torch's flames.

Miles Variation - Goshen, IN
Brickwork - Wakarusa, IN
Star of Hope - Elkhart, IN

7 comments:

Xpressive Handz said...

Sarah, at first I thought you were in our neck of the woods! If you ever end up in the Lancaster, Harrisburg or Hershey, Pennsylvania area, you need to let me know so we can meet! These are beautiful landscapes you've posted.

Liz said...

Very nice. Hop eyou enjoyed your time there. Looks relaxing.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I would love to meet you. I thought that you would enjoy these photos. My friend and I wondered if this had ever been done in the Pennsylvania Amish area before?

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Hi Liz,
I kept thinking about how much you would have enjoyed seeing this. I hope you enjoyed a virtual tour through the photos. The Wellfield Botanic Gardens and Krider Gardens (photos on flickr) were very relaxing.

Liz said...

Certainly have. Thank you.

Xpressive Handz said...

I don't know, or I've not noticed if this has been done like this in the PA area. :-) Sorry I can't answer that. :-)

SpeakUp Librarian said...

That's okay. In the advertising for the event, it said that it was the only place that has ever done it, but I was reluctant to put that in my blog without any verification. If any other place had done it, I would have assumed it would be Amish country Pennsylvania. That's why I was asking. Thanks for writing me back.