Dear Reader

This blog is no longer active as of 2017.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lenten Opportunity

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, which begins the season of Lent in the Christian faith. At church last night I picked up a sheet of recommendations on how to observe a Holy Lent. Reading through it I noticed that the adoption of a Lenten discipline is strongly encouraged.

To be honest, I'm not a very disciplined person or even holy minded* for that matter. But in spite of my failings, I've decided to use Lent this year as a new way of experiencing my faith - through ASL. My church doesn't offer sign language interpretation, but I often find myself thinking about how the beautiful words of the liturgy might be expressed in ASL. During Lent, I'm going to look online and see what I can learn.

My first goal is to learn the Lord's Prayer in ASL. I found the video below on YouTube. If you know of any other websites or videos that would be helpful, please let me know.

*Doesn't it seem strangely funny that the sign for devil was chosen as the thumbnail for this video of the Lord's Prayer?

1 comment:

Xpressive Handz said...

That is "strangely funny". Thank you for sharing this.