Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Don't Miss: Karen Putz and Katie LeClerc in Ability Magazine

The latest edition of Ability Magazine features Katie Leclerc on the cover and Deaf Mom blogger Karen Putz inside. You can download the magazine for free on Facebook.

In her cover story interview, Katie discusses a variety of topics including Switched at Birth, Ménière’s disease, bullying, cochlear implants, and more.

The article about Karen chronicles her return to barefoot water skiing after an accident on the water twenty-five years before caused her to go suddenly deaf. Although she was previously hard of hearing, she had difficulties in accepting her increased hearing loss. Looking back today, she says, "Going deaf was the best thing that ever happened to me. It didn't seem that way at the time but ... I learned to embrace being deaf. I learned to embrace being myself." You can find Karen's blog at


(e said...

Thank you for sharing!! :)

Karen Putz said...

Thanks for sharing! I miss reading your stuff--I'll have to catch up! Hugs!