Sunday, September 14, 2014

Who is Tinsel?

I had a funny thing happen to me during my fundraising for Chicago Walk4Hearing. I just can't resist sharing it with you.

A couple days ago I noticed a donation posted by Tinsel on my fundraising page. For more than a day, I could not figure out who Tinsel was. I thought maybe it was one of you, my blog readers, but no one had ever posted a comment and signed it as Tinsel. It finally hit me who Tinsel is - a donkey on my aunt and uncle's farm in Maryland. A while back my aunt had sent me this photo (below) when I blogged about something ear related. More recently, when she and my uncle were visiting us, she had been delighted to see a photo of my son with Tinsel included in a family video.


In light of the generosity of Tinsel (and his owners), I will let Tinsel announce my fundraising update. As always, my thanks go out to all who have donated. Okay, Tinsel, take it away.


Hee haw! Hi, everybody. I'm Tinsel. Here's the latest from Sarah on the Chicago Walk4Hearing:

Sarah has raised $850 (an increase of $115 from the last report). ALDA Chicago (Sarah's team) has raised $2,336 (78 % of their $3,000 goal). Overall, the Chicago Walk4Hearing has raised $42, 403.68 (42% of the $100,000 goal).

Eeyore. Sarah made a mistake when giving you her last report. She said the Chicago Walk4Hearing goals was $1.4 million. That is actually the goal for the whole year from all of the Walk4Hearing events around the country combined. Eeyore. She regrets that error.

If you still want to participate in the fundraising drive, there are 14 days left. Visit her donation page where you can see my name scroll by on the Fundraising Honor Roll! Hee haw.

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

lol I loved the post Sarah. Made me smile, which was I needed today.