Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chicago Walk4Hearing Fundraising Update

I am very pleased to share with you this update on my fundraising efforts for the Chicago Walk4Hearing which will benefit my local support group - ALDA Chicago as well as the sponsoring organization, the Hearing Loss Association of America.

Dear Speak Up Librarian readers, friends, and family,

As promised, here is an update on the Chicago Walk4Hearing fundraiser. Due to the generosity of many of you, I have personally raised $735. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your support means so much!

The ALDA Chicago team has raised $2,146 (72%) so far towards our total goal of $3,000.

The overall Chicago Walk4Hearing goal (all teams combined) is $1.4 million. Currently the amount raised is $863,545 (62%). Correction: This should have read as the 2014 goal for all the combined Walk4Hearing events around the country. The Chicago Walk4Hearing goal is $100,000.

There is still time to get involved if you are interested in donating, but have not yet done so. The walk takes place September 28 and we are collecting donations up until that day. You can donate online on my page or if you see me regularly, cash or checks made out to Walk4Hearing can be turned in to me directly.

Once again, thanks for supporting me as I try to make a difference for those living with hearing loss.

All the best,

1 comment:

Alistar Johnson said...

I think what you are doing is amazing! I hope you raise the right about of money you need! Tony Charalambides has recently written a great article on fundraising, this might be able to help you meet your targets!