Sunday, September 28, 2014

2014 Chicago Walk4Hearing

Today was a beautiful day for the 2014 Chicago Walk4Hearing in Lincoln Park. The temperatures were in the low 70s and the sky was sunny. Walking along Lake Michigan we had cool breezes to enjoy.

I was really happy to be walking with my ALDA Chicago friends Kim, Julie, Nathan, Jenifer,  Carol, Marsha K., Marsha S., Beth, and Joe. We were joined by a student named Mimi that I took ASL with last year. We were given delicious cookies and bottles of water before the walk. Afterwards, we were fed slices of pizza and ice cream treats. It was  a really fun event.

Of course, the reason for the event was to raise both awareness and funds. My final tally was $1, 025. Thank you, supporters! My ALDA Chicago team surpassed our $3,000 goal to reach $3, 283. The Chicago Walk4Hearing total of all teams together was $82,557.68 or 83% of the $100,000 goal.

I am sorry that I do not have photos to add to this post. My camera malfunctioned at the walk and my cell phone memory was full. If I receive photos from friends with permission to post, I will share those later. Thanks again, readers, for making this walk with me via my blog.

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

Well done on the money you have raised and I will look forward to seeing any photos, if possible and when you have time. x