Saturday, June 14, 2014

Calendar Garden Revisited

Today I took time out of my busy schedule to spend a day in the country with my mother and two of our closest friends. We had perfect weather for our outing to DeFries Gardens in New Paris, Indiana. I had visited this lovely park known for its calendar garden four years ago and had been wanting to return ever since. You can view photos from that visit here.

The garden was as beautiful as I remembered. Today was extra special because to our surprise there was an art showing and musical entertainment. I enjoyed looking at the artwork on display and choosing my favorite. An art judging had already taken place, but the park was sponsoring a most popular category and encouraging each visitor to place a vote. I was entranced by two and was tickled to find when I looked in my information booklet that both pictures were by the same artist, Marj Miller. My choice was Morning Beauty, a painting of a morning glory, which you can see at the far right in the third photo from the bottom.

We had such a wonderful time here and having ice cream afterwards at South Side Diner in Goshen, Indiana. I will remember this day with pleasure for years to come. I hope you enjoy looking at these photos. You can learn more about DeFries Gardens at this website.

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

Beautiful and relaxing.