Dear Reader

This blog is no longer active as of 2017.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter Beauty



This winter seems to be stretching on and on, much to the chagrin of many in the Chicagoland area. Personally, I haven't minded the long winter. My employer has closed several times due to the weather and I've had a "free" day at home each time. From my heated sun porch, I've enjoyed watching the heavy snowflakes fall secure in the knowledge that I didn't have to drive anywhere. I did have one awful driving time this winter in January; after that I stayed home. This winter has taught me to s-l-o-w down. The photos above were taken last Wednesday when overnight my backyard landscape was transformed into a fairy land. Isn't it magical?

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

That really looks nice and magical Sarah although I bet you are getting fed up with it a little. We have been lucky here. No snow so far.