Saturday, March 29, 2014

Beautiful Berkeley



This past week I was out in Berkeley, California for job training. This was my first time to the Bay area. The weather was sunny and mild. During some free time, I visited the UC Berkeley campus and went to the top of the Campanile (bell tower) where this photo was taken. Can you see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance? That's as close as I got to San Francisco.



I thought I had left the snow behind me in Illinois, but who should I meet at the training but the Abominable Snowman's California cousin! When I stopped in at the UC Berkeley's Bancroft Library, I saw my old friend Mark Twain reading a book. I couldn't resist having my photo taken with both of them. 


See more fun and eclectic photos from my trip to Berkeley on flickr.

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

Lovely view you had Sarah from the bell tower.