This is what I am looking forward to in 2014:
- serving as an adviser for an American Sign Language club at the university where I work.
- taking an intermediate ASL course. I took the beginning course about 7 years ago so I'm looking forward to this chance to improve my signing skills.
- continuing my graduate school courses in communication studies.
- working on a captioning project for my church.
- celebrating some important milestones in my son's life.
- spending quality time with my family, friends, and pets.
I found some good words of advice while working on this blog post. They are: You can do anything, but you can't do everything.
My friend Liz posted today about a Positive Jar. I think I would like to use that idea at my job this year. It's easy to get caught up in negativity and overlook the unexpected positive moments in the workplace.
The new year also presents a fresh start towards my usual goals of eating healthier, losing weight, exercising more, and stopping my nail biting.
What are your goals and aspirations for 2014?